Articles of Association of Avicenna Cultural and Scientific Foundation
Articles of Association of Avicenna Cultural and Scientific Foundation
Ratified on the 554th session of the Supreme Council of Cultural Revolution dated 2005/26/1
Supreme council of the Cultural Revolution ratified the articles of association of Avicenna Cultural and Scientific Foundation as follows.
Avicenna’s Foundation, named henceforth in these articles of association as Foundation is founded as a non-profit non-governmental institution and whose aim is knowing the scientific and philosophic genius of the East Abu Ali Sina (Avicenna), introducing his character and works, honoring his universal position, encouraging national and international researchers to produce distinguished works as well as enhancing cultural and scientific activities.
The foundation is a legal entity and is financially independent and is administered based on these articles of association
The Foundation is an Iranian institution located in the Iranian city of Hamedan and it can have branches in different parts of the world if approved by the board of trustees who can also dissolve the Foundation or terminate its activities.
The Foundation's term of activities is indefinite.
Section 2: Objectives and Functions
1. Knowing and glorifying Avicenna cultural and scientific character
2. Introducing Avicenna’s works, treatises, and books
3. Introducing Iranian and Islamic thinkers and scholars
Article 6: Function
1. Encouraging the cooperation of state and private centers, home and international legal and natural entities, receiving cash and non-cash offerings including books, documents, properties etc, and using them for promoting the Foundation's scientific, cultural and research objectives.
2. Buying and publishing sources, encyclopedias, atlas, films, and CDs on Avicenna
3. Sponsoring projects on studies on Avicenna (Aviccenalogy) including books, articles, theses, granting scholarships as well as awarding the top and advanced scientific and cultural researches on subjects related to Avicenna.
4. Founding an Aviccenalogy center through collecting national and international works and collections on Avicenna and preparing the ground for their public use
5. Founding Bu Ali's advanced specialized library and through collecting handwritten and typographical manuscripts and works of art.
6. Cooperation with other national and foreign Aviccenalogy centers in cultural, scientific, and research projects.
7. Founding an Aviccenalogy computer data base
8. Conferences, exhibitions, seminars, scientific tours, training courses, and other promotional programs on Avicenna.
9. Supervising Avicenna’s monument and mausoleum.
10. Providing proper infrastructure for offering scientific, cultural, and artistic services within the framework of the Foundation
Article 7: if approved by the board of trustees and within a legal framework, the Foundation can establish institutes of higher education, companies offering specialized, advanced, educational, and counseling services on different scientific and cultural fields related to the Foundation's activities. The Foundation can also form research, cultural, and scientific groups within the domains of the Foundation's activities.
Section 3: Foundation's Constituents
Article 8: the Foundation’s constitutes of the following:
1. Board of Trustees
2. President of the Foundation
Article 9: the Foundation's Board of trustees includes the following:
1. Minister of Culture and Islamic Teachings (Head of the board of Trustees)
2. Head of the Sciences Academy
3. Had of the academy for Medical sciences
4. Head of the Islamic Culture and Communication organization
5. Head of the Iranology Institute
6. Head of the association of Cultural Works and Glories
7. Governor of Hamedan Province
8. Iran's representative in the UNESCO
9. Head of the tourism and cultural heritage organization
10. President of the foundation (secretary of the Board of Trustees)
11. Three experts selected and introduced by Hamedan's governor and approved by the head of the board of trustees. These three experts are assigned to the job for one term of three years and can be selected for a another term
Article 10: Functions and duties of the Board of Trustees
1. Formulating the strategies of the Foundation and drawing up its domain
2. Approving Regulations pertaining to financial, trade, administrative matters and employment
3. Approving the Foundation's long-term, short term and medium term programs as well as its annual budget
4. Supervising the Foundation's activities announced by the board of directors
5. Approving the Foundation's administrative body according to its respective rules and regulations
Article 11: Board of trustees' meetings are held annually. In case of any unexpected or emergency case the meeting is called by the head of the board of trustees or the secretary of the board of directors
Note 1: the meetings will be in session with the presence of at least 7 members and the decisions made will be valid with the votes of majority
Note 2: the decisions made by the board of trustees are officially announced by its secretary
Article 12: the resident of the Foundation as the highest ranking executive post is elected by the suggestion made by the board of trustees and the order of the Board of trustees' secretary for a four-year term and can be elected for another term
Note 1: the President of the Foundation can be dismissed at the suggestion of the secretary of the Board of trustees and approval of the Board of trustees
Article 13: functions and authorities of the president of the Foundation include
1. Execution of all approved laws and responsibilities entrusted on him by the board of trustees
2. Running the Foundation's current affairs
3. Preparing and Presenting annual financial reports
4. Preparing and presenting the Foundation’s functional and responsibility charts and graphs to the board of trustees
5. Estimating the Foundation's annual budges and presenting it to the board of trustees for approval
6. Outlining the Foundation's short, medium and long term program and presenting it to the board of trustees for approval
7. Setting up administrative and organizational units within the framework of the existing approved order as well as dismissing and employing the Foundation's managers and employees.
8. Planning for attracting cooperation of popular as well as national and foreign civil foundations.
9. Purchasing and selling, constructing, renting and using the Foundation's properties and any other similar dealings which according to the financial and trade codes are within the responsibilities of the Foundation
10. Signing all letters to national and foreign legal and natural entities and governmental organizations
11. Opening accounts in the name of the Foundation at banks and financial institutes
12. Making suggestions for applying for loans and using other facilities offered by banks and financial institutes and implementing the suggestions according to the approved codes.
13. Having the right to Sue and protect the rights of the Foundation, perusing or dropping a lawsuit in both penal and legal cases and hiring lawyers.
Note 1: financial and binding contracts and documents will be valid after being signed by the president of the Foundation, and finance manager and carrying the seal of the Foundation
Article 14: the Inspector is appointed at the selection of the board of trustees and is notified by the secretary of the board of trustees.
Article 15: the duties of the legal inspector include:
1. Preparing financial reports and presenting it to the Board of trustees
2. Preparing an operation and irregularity reports and presenting them to the board of trustees
Note 1: the Inspector's duties should not interfere with the Foundation’s ongoing activities
Article 16: the Foundation's financial sources include
1. Financial sources in the form of aid allotted to the Foundation in the government’s budget
2. Financials aids given to the foundation by legal and natural entities as well as government and non-governmental organizations
3. Financial aid offered in Iranian and foreign currency to the Foundation and approved by the Board of trustees
4. The Income earned through the activities and services offered by the Foundation
Section 5: Other Regulations
Article 17: In circumstances where the Foundation is not able to carry out its responsibilities and functions, its activities will come to a halt for a certain period or for ever with the approval of two third of the Board of trustees' members. In this circumstance, the board of trustees appoints three of its members or from outside the Foundation to see to the Foundation's monetary matters and after receiving the money owed to the Foundation and paying the debts and determining the foundation's movable and immovable properties, gives the remaining to the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Teachings or any other body approved by the board of trustees.
Article 18: any modification in these articles of association can be made at the suggestion of the board of trustees and approval of the General Council of culture. This articles of association was ratified in the 554th session of the Supreme Council of Cultural Revolution dated 2005/26/1
|© 2009 Bu-Ali Sina Scientific and Cultural Foundation All rights reserved.